Monday, May 30, 2005

May 2005 - A memorable month!

April showers are supposed to bring May flowers.....But not this year! We've had the grayest May here in Minnie since 1960. Yikes! I now realize that I'm not a huge fan of continuously gray weather. Even though the weather was a let-down our spirits were up as we celebrated many great times together. Both of my brothers graduated from their respective programs at the U of MN. As I watched them march down the isle at Northrup I had to hold back tears. Was it the orchestra, the solemnity of the ceremony, or just my pregnancy hormones? Seriously though - this has been a transitional time in our families lives and the ceremonies gave me time to meditate and realize that we're not kids anymore - we've now all officially entered the adult world! The grandeur of the commencement was lost at the reception where one food table with a few pieces of fruit and a couple hunks of cheese was set up to feed hundreds of guests. There were people in silk slicing their own cheddar. You've got to love the U!

This month we were lucky to spend time with many out of town guests. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles... my Grandma and Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Dan were all in town this month.

We had a nice week-long visit with Dan's parents (Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Dan). They were able to go to many of Zach's haunts such as the Wild Rumpus, The Children's Museum, MacPhail, the Lake Calhoun playground, and Methodist Hospital - (where he sometimes will dine on gourmet cafeteria food with his Mom and Dad). We had a nice family dinner one evening with the Kuzel and Leslie families. The highlights of the dinner were the great conversation, the incredible food made by Grandpa Dan and Grandma Bonnie and a passion fruit cake from Patrick's provided by Bryan and Anne-Sophie.

Zach has had a couple of "Priceless" moments this month. Within the span of 24 hours he set off our alarm system and covered himself in Vaseline. This is scary since I watch the boy like a hawk! He's crafty and quick...Sometimes I am able to outsmart him - but I predict that those times will come to an end!! He stood laughing as I feverishly tried to disable our alarm system - - after awhile I couldn't help but laugh with him since I must have looked very silly.

Life with a toddler is never dull....More next month

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home